Let’s talk Joro spiders
For interviews and speaking engagements
Media Interest is Welcome
Do you need an interview? I would love to speak with you. Whether you need a quick quote or a longer discussion, drop me a line. I bring an upbeat, enthusiastic, balanced perspective to what others consider scary. Let’s talk.
Whether you are looking for a quick, colorful quote or a longer chat, I’m happy to help. I’ll bring a witty lightness to a complex discussion.
Pair me with an arachnologist or entomologist. Match their expertise with my passion. We can educate and inspire together.
I’m happy to talk about…
- My history with the Joro spider
- The wonder of animals in our backyards
- The particular beauty of a Joro spider
- How to tell a Joro spider from other spiders
- What does a Joro spider web look like
- Positive metaphors implied by the Joro spider
- Finding good and beauty in something that might scare others
- The national fascination with the Joro spider
- Where to find a Joro spider
- Are they safe?
“It was intoxicating, the way a painting is intoxicating,” he says. “I was totally sucked in.” -Anthony Trendl to the Wall Street Journal when discussing his reaction to seeing the spider for the first time.